Saturday, August 3, 2013

Changes

I've been thinking on the future of this blog for the past few days. I know, it's trivial, but honestly, it's kept my mind busy.

Sara Bareilles, who is fabulous and talented and one of my favorite musical artists on the planet, titled a song on her recently released album The Blessed Unrest "Chasing the Sun". Image was still alive when the album dropped, so when the meaning to the lyrics sunk in, I sat and cried. It's absolutely asinine to think this way, but I felt like he was the one playing me this song, telling me to just listen and everything would be okay. He was going to be okay and so was I. I could sit here and wax poetic on the lyrics and what they mean to me, but instead, I ask that you take a minute to just listen to the song.



With Image's legacy on my mind and having the influence of this beautiful piece of music, I feel that my little corner of the internet may need to expand and become a bit more "universal", for lack of a better way to put it. His name will stay the blog URL, but I've changed the title to "Chasing the Sun". If it weren't for Image, I wouldn't have learned that allowing yourself to be happy, even for a little while, even if it's going to hurt in the end, is so much better than stashing yourself away to avoid pain. I think it's important to live life as vibrantly as possible. I'm not going to be perfect at it, and it's not always going to be fun, but happiness does not come by sitting idly by. It's a work in progress.

I'm a work in progress.

1 comment:

  1. I think blogging or just writing really is very cathartic. Sometimes i catch myself writing things I didn't realize I felt.

    ReplyDelete