Sunday, January 26, 2014

One Year

One year ago today, I brought home a beautiful, funny, sweet little black gelding, and thought our future held so, so much.

It was cut short.

I tried not to let it get to me today, and I was mildly successful until I arrived back home and promptly locked my keys (with my laptop, camera, and clothing from the weekend) in the car. Sometimes, when you're teetering just on that edge, it doesn't take much more than a breath of wind to push you over it.

Today sucks, but it is what it is. There's nothing I can do, except touch a finger to the tattoo on my wrist that I got in memory of him and the lessons he taught me, and keep chasing the sun.




5 comments:

  1. They give us all we need, don't they, in some way, shape, or form. And you gave Image what he needed-love, friendship, and rest. He has allowed you to move on, to your new, smiling, blonde BFF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe it's been a year already *huge hugs*

    (I'm late to the party, as usual.)

    ReplyDelete